LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN in FORT PAYNE, AL - NEW LISTING! Welcome to The Grand House of Fort Payne! Historically the Stanley-McCurdy-Starling Home and built in 1890, The Grand House is located on Grand Avenue in Historic Downtown Fort Payne. From the front porch of The Grand House, you can see Fort Payne’s City Park in the distance and enjoy the ever-changing foliage of the beautiful Lookout Mountain. Only 1 block away is Main Street and the city park. Great shopping, restaurants and a coffee shop, called The Spot, are less than 2 blocks away. The Grand House is only 8 miles from DeSoto State Park and 7.5 miles from Little River Canyon National Preserve! There are nearby museums, parks and antique malls, and you can explore all of the beautiful waterfalls, forests, wildlife, and native plants offered by Lookout Mountain in Alabama! Renew, refresh, and be restored!
Take a virtual tour!
WHY GUESTS LOVE THIS PEACEFUL RETREAT PROPERTY:
1) It is centrally located in Downtown Fort Payne and yet has a very large fenced yard!
2) One block from Main Street, it is walking distance to shops, restaurants, parks, and museums!
3) It is an ongoing restoration project of the owners to maintain its historic character while elevating our Guests’ peaceful retreat experience!
4) From the design and architecture to the views enjoyed from them, THE PORCHES are a Guest favorite :)
5) At 3000 square feet living space, The Grand House is a very spacious home and lives up to its name in the 5-star Guest reviews!
Thank you for choosing The Grand House of Fort Payne for your retreat. Together, we are making a difference! Peaceful Retreats gives 10% of all revenue commission collected from this home to Harvest Evangelism. Harvest Evangelism is a ministry that was founded in 1985. It helps to fund mission trips around the world to share the gospel and also helps to fund shelters for men as well as women and children.
Lookout Mountain very special place for our entire family. We love the towns surrounding Lookout Mountain and Little River Canyon National Preserve, so one of our great joys is to host retreat guests so others can discover and rediscover this amazing place. Relax and be refreshed and restored while exploring the beautiful mountains and waterfalls and enjoying the unique museums, shopping and dining offered here! Thank you for choosing our vacation home. We look forward to reading about your retreat experience in our guest book!
~ Claire and Bryan